Friday 21 June 2013

You know, I just don't want to go in the studio at the moment.

Its such a struggle, I don't think I want to look at another painting again, let alone make one. So many themes and possibilities, but none which grab me. Yes, I've got some lovely new pics of mum in an old kitchen, but I cant make anymore interiors. What new thing have I to say? I am working on the rockabilly stuff, but I don't really care about the paintings I am making, they are so far removed from the expereince, they just show the look of the thing, not the feel of it. And as for the indulgent self stuff... give me strength, who wants to know all that bollocks? It's been explored again and again. Self, who am I, ego, me, me me. Nahhh... I have no more to add to the glut of pictures that swamp the world. Its boooooring. I will garden. I will do yoga. I will make my home, be there for the kids and Hudge, sing with my band, help people express themselves through art. That's enough. Well, now that's off my tits I can make a coffee then go and slop some paint on a canvas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...